Wellness & Prevention Services offer several online training resources through the AsULearn (opens in a new tab) platform. Students are encouraged to take these courses to enhance their understanding of personal wellness and the wellness of their communities.
Suicide Prevention Training
Students will learn the following concerning suicide prevention:
- Warning signs for suicide
- How to identify someone that needs help
- What to say to someone who is In need of help
- How to refer someone who is experiencing suicidal thoughts to professional mental health resources
If you have any questions about Suicide Prevention Training please contact Elisabeth Cavallaro, Associate Director.
Collegiate Recovery Community Ally Training
Students will learn the following concerning the support of those struggling with substance use:
- Teaching students, faculty, and staff how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
If you have any questions about Collegiate Recovery Community Ally Training please contact Jordan Kessler, Collegiate Recovery Community Coordinator.
Financial Wellness Training
Students will learn the following regarding their Financial Wellness...
- Develop a deeper understanding of basic money management
- Learn more about credit and loans
- Understand the connection between financial wellness and problem gambling
If you have any questions about Financial Wellness Training please contact Jordan Perry, Director of Wellness and Prevention Services.
Nutrition Education Training
Students will learn the following regarding personal nutrition and food assistance resources...
- Learn to build a healthy plate with MyPlate strategies and learn food sources of important nutrients
- Learn about healthy relationships with food
- Learn effective strategies to budget for meals that are healthy and affordable.
- Understand the Food Assistance resources at Appalachian State and Boone, N.C.
If you have any questions about Financial Wellness Training please contact Elisabeth Cavallaro, Associate Director.