Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated August 21, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Collegiate Recovery Community
Creating an environment in which all students of the Appalachian community can thrive and achieve optimal well being.
A Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) offers support to students who are in recovery; wanting to be in recovery; or those who wish to support others on their recovery journey. This community assists in each individual's unique recovery by preventing relapse, encouraging autonomy, providing support, increasing academic success, and offering a safe space on campus to process, grow, and reflect.
The Appalachian CRC holds weekly recovery and community meetings. Individuals actively engaged in addictions recovery are welcome to attend, as well as individuals that seek to support those in addictions and/or compulsive behavior recovery(including but not limited to substance use, eating concerns, gambling, shopping, pornography, gaming, etc), and those who are curious about beginning their recovery journey. If you would like to schedule an individual appointment, please contact one of the App State CRC team members.
- Recovery-Based Yoga with Kathy Lipschut on Tuesday September 22nd at 5 PM
- Focusing on healing from addiction through meditative and mindfulness practices
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/95642312291?pwd=RXNHVjdiSGpheVIvSjl1b1FGK2JmZz09
- Virtual Ally Trainings
- Teaching students how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
- Wednesday September 19th from 4-5:30 PM
- Wednesdy September 30th from 2-3:30 PM
- Speaker Meeting with Jeff Hunsucker on Wednesday September 23rd from 5:30-7 PM
- Speaking about pathways to recovery by emphasizing his journey and ongoing maintenance of recovery
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/95792562546?pwd=K2lyaXVIZitPTXdabmZzbDdMamVwUT09
- Virtual Game Night on Friday September 25th from 7:30-9 PM
- Playing Jackbox.tv with A-CRC members and students
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/93642917049?pwd=RW1wSnNuZGtXMk1IVjlBS1hDa3lJdz09
Weekly Support Meetings
- Virtual Social Hour
- Form connections with members of the Appalachian community. Must be sober and avoid glamorizing substance use.
- Tuesdays from 5-6 PM
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/tJYsd-mqrDwoGNLArtIFZqig07K7yvgfBU49/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCqrzsqGNaSshuBRowQBYigc-rzpmZBjY1xvQ3xKgZpcwrxZrVpZatpF97y
- All Recovery Support Meetings
- For students seeking recovery or recovery curious support to substance use, eating concerns, addictive behavior patterns, and mental health using a SMART Recovery format
- Wednesday from 5:30-7 PM
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/95842669317?pwd=SUV3enFlUlZpRVVrZys0OFlSczU2QT09
Monthly Support Meetings
- All Recovery BIPOC Support Meetings
- Peer support regardng substance use, mental health, eating, and other areas of recovery. Open to those in recovery and those contemplating recovery. Tailored for those who identify as Black, Indigenours, and/or persons of color.
- September 9th & 23rd from 4-5 PM
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/99025841074?pwd=Ni9LcTRqTU5acC8vRlZJTmZjVGxhUT09
To learn more about other activities being hosted by the CRC during the fall 2020 semester send us a message or check out our social media pages (FB: Appstate CRC, IG: crc_appstate).