The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Collegiate Recovery Community
Creating an environment in which all students of the Appalachian community can thrive and achieve optimal well being.
A Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) offers support to students who are in recovery; wanting to be in recovery; or those who wish to support others on their recovery journey. This community assists in each individual's unique recovery by preventing relapse, encouraging autonomy, providing support, increasing academic success, and offering a safe space on campus to process, grow, and reflect.
The Appalachian CRC holds weekly recovery and community meetings. Individuals actively engaged in addictions recovery are welcome to attend, as well as individuals that seek to support those in addictions and/or compulsive behavior recovery (including but not limited to substance use, eating concerns, gambling, shopping, pornography, gaming, etc), and those who are curious about beginning their recovery journey. If you would like to meet with a CRC staff member about our services or for other inquiries, please contact Audrey Lipschutz at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual appointment.
To acces all of our virtual meetings and events, go toor scan the QR Code below
- February Speaker Meeting
- Hosted by Ellen Carpenter, the Graduate Assisant for Wellness and Prevention Services, who is part of the Combined Dietetic Internship and M.S. Degree Program for Nutrition at App State
- Tuesday February 23rd 5:30-7pm
- Registration link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqcOCtpzMsGNAq5HtNpu2_F6i4t8TUFAWP
- Virtual Game Nights
- Thursday February 25th 5:30-7pm
- Thursday April 15th 5:30-7pm
- Registration link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpf-GrpzMqHNFrwZC3tHiG1zwZxNrLPRzZ
- Rock Climbing at Holloway Mountain
- In partnership with Outdoor Programs
- Saturday April 10th 12-5pm
- Information on registering and other details coming soon
- Ally Trainings
- Virtual Ally Training
- Teaching students, faculty, and staff how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
- Training Dates:
- Thursday 02/18 4pm
- Wednesday 03/03 11:30am
- Tuesday 03/23 4pm
- Monday 04/12 11:30am
- Thursday 04/22 4pm
- Registration link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcud-CopzwoEtA0Q8A6e78Dkdgw6wqMaoAy
- Online Ally Training Course
- Self-enrolled AsULearn course available to all students, faculty, and staff
- Course link: https://asulearn-projects.appstate.edu/course/view.php?id=1240
- To enroll, click "Enroll Me" at the bottom of the screen under the Self Enrollment heading
- Contact our Activities Coordinator at email@example.com for any questions or concerns
- Virtual Ally Training
Weekly Support Meetings
- Sober Curious Meetings
- A space for students to discuss the topic of sobriety and/or explore support options with a CRC staff member. Also open to individuals who want to discuss their relationship with substances in general.
- Mondays 4-5pm
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/93575886200?pwd=VUNBS0VXMURSd3pvZDF4cmVqUVJWQT09
- All Recovery Support Meetings
- For students seeking recovery or recovery-curious support to substance use, eating concerns, addictive behavior patterns, and mental health using a SMART Recovery format.
- Tuesdays 5:30-7pm
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEucu6prDwrGtdD4ZdVSMxw4yzCvKsZF_k2
Monthly Support Meetings
- BIPOC Support Meetings
- Peer support regardng substance use, mental health, eating, and other areas of concern. Open to those in recovery and those questioning their behaviors. Tailored for those who identify as Black, Indigenours, and/or persons of color.
- .The following Wednesdays at 5:30pm:
- February 10th
- March 10th
- April 14th
- May 12th
- Meeting link: https://appstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0tdeygqjoqHdBLUxbOfmhs0XRIV8E4hauu
To learn more about other activities being hosted by the CRC for the Spring 2021 semester send us a message or check out our social media pages (FB: Appstate CRC, IG: crc_appstate).