Collegiate Recovery Community
Creating an environment in which all students of the Appalachian community can thrive and achieve optimal well being.
A Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) offers support to students who are in recovery; wanting to be in recovery; or those who wish to support others on their recovery journey. This community assists in each individual's unique recovery by preventing relapse, encouraging autonomy, providing support, increasing academic success, and offering a safe space on campus to process, grow, and reflect.
The Appalachian CRC holds weekly recovery and community meetings. Individuals actively engaged in addictions recovery are welcome to attend, as well as individuals that seek to support those in addictions and/or compulsive behavior recovery (including but not limited to substance use, eating concerns, gambling, shopping, pornography, gaming, etc), and those who are curious about beginning their recovery journey. If you would like to meet with a CRC staff member about our services or for other inquiries, please contact Audrey Lipschutz at email@example.com to schedule an individual appointment.
To acces all of our virtual meetings and events, go toor scan the QR Code below
- Ally Trainings
- Virtual Ally Training
- Teaching students, faculty, and staff how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training for your group, department or orgnization
- Online Ally Training Course
- Self-enrolled AsULearn course available to all students, faculty, and staff
- Course link: https://asulearn-projects.appstate.edu/course/view.php?id=1240
- To enroll, click "Enroll Me" at the bottom of the screen under the Self Enrollment heading
- Contact our Ben Asma at email@example.com for any questions or concerns
- Virtual Ally Training
Weekly Support Meetings
- Sober Curious Meetings
- A space for students to discuss the topic of sobriety and/or explore support options with a CRC staff member. Also open to individuals who want to discuss their relationship with substances in general.
- Fall 2021 Meeting dates and times TBA
- All Recovery Support Meetings
- For students seeking recovery or recovery-curious support to substance use, eating concerns, addictive behavior patterns, and mental health using a SMART Recovery format.
- Fall 2021 Meeting dates and times--Tuesday 5:00-6:30pm