Appalachian Wellness Summit
The Appalachian Wellness Summit is a peer initiated 1-day event that provides Appalachian State students information about the wellness resources that are available. Sponsored by the Department of Wellness and Prevention Services (WPS) and facilitated by members of WE CAN, Red Flag Educators, and additional campus partners, student attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a number of workshops and trainings involving alcohol and substance use, mental health, nutrition, sexual health, and various wellness policies.
Date: Saturday February 17, 2018
Location: PSU Parkway Ballroom
The Wellness Summit will include 2 breakout sessions. Lunch will be provided. Click Here to Register. Registration will close on Thursday February 8th at 11:59pm.
9:30 AM - 10:00 AM, Opening Session
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Concurrent Sessions - Part I
- #StopProfiling Sydney Hobart, Wellness Educator for Change, Advocacy, and student Needs
- Combating Rape Culture: A Guide to Activism Ashley Abernathy and Jeane' Ridges, Red Flag Educators
- The Price Is Right Amber Daniel, Wellness Educator for Change, Advocacy, and student Needs
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Concurrent Sessions - Part II
- Extreme Weather, Ozone Depletion, and Food Insecurity...OH MY! Olivia Gentry and Sydney Hobart, Wellness Educator for Change, Advocacy, and student Needs
- Resources, Outlets, and Support for Survivors Ashley Crisp and Ellen Trost, Red Flag Educators
- What's Your Mountain? Katina Leger and Ashley Wainright, Wellness Educator for Change, Advocacy, and student Needs
12:00 PM - 1:15 PM, Keynote Presentation and Lunch (Provided)
- The (Other) P Word: An Honest Conversation About Pornography Tori Tensi, Red Flag Educators
1:15 PM - 1:30 PM, Closing
January 2019 Departmental Newsletter
This interactive cookbook was created by students at Appalachian who understand the barriers of having no time, money, or experience in the kitchen. Here, you can find easy, inexpensive, attainable recipes that were submitted by college students just like you!