Online Training Resources
Wellness and Prevention Services offer several online training resources through the ASUlearn platform(https://asulearn.appstate.edu). Students are encouraged to take these courses to enhance their understanding of personal wellness and the wellness of their communities.
Sexual Assault Prevention Training
Students will learn the following related to Sexual Assault Prevention at Appalachian State...
- Develop a deeper understanding of the basics of consent
- Learn more about being an active bystander and intervening safely
- Learn more about the impacts of violence of individuals who hold marginalized identities
- Learn more about the various resources on campus and their support services
Click Here to start: Sexual Assault Prevention Training
Suicide Prevention Training
Students will learn the following concerning Suicide Statistics and Suicide Prevention...
- Warning signs for suicide
- How to identify someone that needs help
- What to say to someone who is In need of help
- How to refer someone who is experiencing suicidal thoughts to professional mental health resources
Click Here to start: Suicide Prevention Training
CRC Ally Training
Students will learn the following concerning the support of those struggling with substance abuse...
- Teaching students, faculty, and staff how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
Click Here to start: CRC Ally Training
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Students will learn the following concerning Substance Abuse and helpful resources...
- Develop a deeper understanding of various resources on campus related to ATOD
- Learn more about the impact of ATOD
Click Here to start: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Students will learn the following regarding Personal Nutrition and Food Assistance resources...
- Learn to build a healthy plate with MyPlate strategies and learn food sources of important nutrients
- Learn about healthy relationships with food
- Learn effective strategies to budget for meals that are healthy and affordable.
- Understand the Food Assistance resources at Appalachian State and Boone, N.C.
Click Here to start: Nutrition Education
Student Financial Wellness
Students will learn the following regarding their Financial Wellness...
- Develop a deeper understanding of basic money management
- Learn more about credit and loans
- Understand the connection between financial wellness and problem gambling
Click Here to start: Student Financial Wellness