Online Training Resources
Wellness and Prevention Services offer several online training resources through the ASUlearn platform(https://asulearn.appstate.edu). Students are encouraged to take these courses to enhance their understanding of personal wellness and the wellness of their communities.
Protecting Yourself and Others from Infectious Disease (COVID-19)
Students will learn the following regarding COVID-19 and expected conduct with the University...
- General information about COVID-19
- How to protect yourself and others from COVID-19
- When and how to seek help during a pandemic
- Steps Mountaineers can take on campus to limit the spread of COVID-19
Click Here to start: Protecting Yourself and Others from Infectious Disease (COVID-19)
Sexual Assault Prevention Training
Students will learn the following related to Sexual Assault Prevention at Appalachian State...
- Develop a deeper understanding of the basics of consent
- Learn more about being an active bystander and intervening safely
- Learn more about the impacts of violence of individuals who hold marginalized identities
- Learn more about the various resources on campus and their support services
Click Here to start: Sexual Assault Prevention Training
Suicide Prevention Training
Students will learn the following concerning Suicide Statistics and Suicide Prevention...
- Warning signs for suicide
- How to identify someone that needs help
- What to say to someone who is In need of help
- How to refer someone who is experiencing suicidal thoughts to professional mental health resources
Click Here to start: Suicide Prevention Training
CRC Ally Training
Students will learn the following concerning the support of those struggling with substance abuse...
- Teaching students, faculty, and staff how to be an ally for individuals in recovery from addiction
Click Here to start: CRC Ally Training
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Students will learn the following concerning Substance Abuse and helpful resources...
- Develop a deeper understanding of various resources on campus related to ATOD
- Learn more about the impact of ATOD
Click Here to start: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Students will learn the following regarding Personal Nutrition and Food Assistance resources...
- Learn to build a healthy plate with MyPlate strategies and learn food sources of important nutrients
- Learn about healthy relationships with food
- Learn effective strategies to budget for meals that are healthy and affordable.
- Understand the Food Assistance resources at Appalachian State and Boone, N.C.
Click Here to start: Nutrition Education
Student Financial Wellness
Students will learn the following regarding their Financial Wellness...
- Develop a deeper understanding of basic money management
- Learn more about credit and loans
- Understand the connection between financial wellness and problem gambling
Click Here to start: Student Financial Wellness