Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated June 10, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.
Wellness and Prevention Services is open and operating during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Most of our services have moved online, so that all of our students, no matter where they may be, can access them safely. This page will be updated on a regular basis as we are able to add details and more programming. Keep checking back! See below for details on how to access our services:
Mountaineer Emergeny Fund
The Mountaineer Emergency Fund assists App State students who are facing financial challenges that are significant barriers to academic success. Students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or urgent situation that would prevent them from continuing their App State education may apply for short term, emergency assistance. Please click here to learn more about the fund.
One on One Clinical Services
- Nutrition Services/Appointments will be available via Zoom. Please schedule your intake or followup appointment through Medportal.
- Substance Use counseling, Wellness counseling and Conduct referrals will occur via Zoom. Please schedule your intake or followup appointment through Medportal.
- If you have scheduling conflicts or you need assistance obtaining a confidential meeting site, please call our office during normal business hours at (828) 262 - 3148.
Collegiate Recovery Community
Special "Social Distancing" Events
- Virtual trivia will be held on Wednesday August 12, Thursday August 13 and Friday August 14 4pm - 5:30pm via Zoom
- Thursday August 13 2pm - 3pm: POC Connection Group via Zoom (registration required)
Peer to Peer Services
- Virtual Wellness Coaching sessions with a professional staff person in Wellness and Prevention Services are available. Students need to request an appointment.
Classes and Trainings
- Online Suicide Prevention Training is available 24/7.
- The y(OUR) Story Mental Health Show virtually premiered on March 24th at 7:30pm. You can view the show, as well as art created for the show, here.
- The Power of Nutrition recording was recorded on March 28 at 2pm. View the recording.
- Navigating Romantic Relationships within the LGBT Community Panel Discussion was held on Monday April 6 at 6:15pm. You can now access the recording.
- A virtual Out of the Darkness Fundraising Walk was held on Saturday April 18 at 12pm. View the recording.
- Career as a Journey Panel Discussion was held on Monday April 20th at 6pm. You can now access the recording.
- Take Back the Night was held on April 23rd. You can view the video here.
- The Clothesline Project Photo album can be found here.