The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 5/21/2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Wellness and Prevention Services is open and operating during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Most of our services have moved online, so that all of our students, no matter where they may be, can access them safely. This page will be updated on a regular basis as we are able to add details and more programming. Keep checking back! See below for details on how to access our services:
Mountaineer Emergeny Fund
The Mountaineer Emergency Fund assists App State students who are facing financial challenges that are significant barriers to academic success. Students who encounter an unforeseen financial emergency or urgent situation that would prevent them from continuing their App State education may apply for short term, emergency assistance. Please click here to learn more about the fund.
Special "Social Distancing" Events
- Weekly Trivia starting Monday March 30th at 8pm via Zoom. No registration necessary. When you log on, please identify your team in the chat box. If you do not have a team, please indicate this and you will be added to a team. Teams are limited to 8 people per team.
- AppState Pen Pals: Join AppState Pen pals to be randomly match with another student! Network...but at a distance. Matches will be sent out every other week or three weeks (depending on participation) on Fridays at 6:00. You will have the option to participate multiple weeks to get multiple pen pals!
Classes and Trainings
- Koru Mindfulness classes are being offered online and summer classes start May 26th. These classes are 4 weeks long and will be taught live via Zoom. Students must register first. Open to undergraduate and graduate students only, unless otherwise announced via email.
- For an asynchronous experience, students, faculty and staff can sign up for the Koru un-class. There is a $3.99 fee to use the Koru app for this un-class. Registering for this class gives you access to the Koru Mindfulness app, including guided meditations, a meditation log, and a class-wide gratitude river. The App State library does carry an unlimited use online license for the Koru class book. If you use the book and the app together, you will have a great go at your own pace introduction to mindfulness course.
- Online Suicide Prevention Training is available 24/7.
- The y(OUR) Story Mental Health Show virtually premiered on March 24th at 7:30pm. You can view the show, as well as art created for the show, here.
- The Power of Nutrition recording was recorded on March 28 at 2pm. View the recording.
- Navigating Romantic Relationships within the LGBT Community Panel Discussion was held on Monday April 6 at 6:15pm. You can now access the recording.
- A virtual Out of the Darkness Fundraising Walk was held on Saturday April 18 at 12pm. View the recording.
- Career as a Journey Panel Discussion was held on Monday April 20th at 6pm. You can now access the recording.
- Take Back the Night was held on April 23rd. You can view the video here.
- The Clothesline Project Photo album can be found here.
One on One Services (Clinical and Peer to Peer)
- Virtual Wellness Coaching sessions with a professional staff person in Wellness and Prevention Services are available. Students need to request an appointment.
- Nutrition Services/Appointments will be available via Zoom and Telephone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 262-3148 to set up a virtual appointment.
- Substance Use and Wellness counseling will occur via Zoom. Please email email@example.com or call call (828) 262-3148 to set up a virtual appointment.
Collegiate Recovery Community
- SMART Recovery Support Meetings will occur on Wednesdays 3pm - 4:30pm via Zoom.