The purpose of Celebrate EveryBODY Week is to raise awareness about body image concerns and disordered eating at Appalachian State University by providing opportunities for self-actualization, self-worth, and self-love. This week will provide information about disordered eating and how to better support members of the App State Community. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the correlation between media and body image while providing information about on-campus resources. Celebrate EveryBODY Week Partners include: Partners: Advocates Promoting Positive Self Image (APPSI), Student Government Association, Wellness Educators for Change, Advocacy and student Needs (WE CAN), and University Recreation (UREC). Contact Saray Smalls, Wellness Coordinator for Student Programs, at email@example.com for questions about the events below.
Stop by the student union contact table the week of Celebrate EveryBODY Week, Monday - Thursday 12pm - 2pm, for free swag and to pick up a calendar of events.
Monday April 24th
- Zumba Fitness Class (RSVP Here)
- With a fusion of Latin and International music, Zumba is an inclusive dance party where everyone and anyone is welcomed! Come salsa, merengue, and cumbia your way to improved fitness. As a part of Celebrate EveryBODY Week, we encourage students to break out their best 80's neon workout attire!
- Time: 7:45pm - 8:45pm
- Location: The Quinn Recreation Center
Tuesday April 25th
- Grocery Store Tour - (Register Here) *only open to undergraduate and graduate students*
- App State Grocery Store Tours are designed to enhance food shopping skills as a means to improve nutrition related behaviors. Facilitated by the department’s Registered Dietitian, students will have the opportunity to have a guided tour of local grocery stores as a means to increase raw fruit and vegetable intake, learn to reach food labels, and utilize savings opportunities. Please note that there is a limit of 4 spots per tour to ensure effective engagement during the tour.
- Time: 3:45pm-4:45pm
- Location: Wal-mart
Wednesday April 26th
- Mindful Meal (Register Here)
- Mindful Meals are designed to enhance food consumption skills as a means to improve nutrition related behaviors. Facilitated by the department’s Registered Dietitian, students will have the opportunity to engage in a guided mindfulness experience while eating a meal.
- Time: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Location: PSU Beacon Heights 417
- Film Screening: The Student Body (RSVP Here)
- Kickboxing Fitness Class (RSVP Here)
- Punch, kick, and block your stress away through this heart-pumping cardio workout! This fierce workout will make you feel stronger and ready to take on the world.
- Time: 6:15pm - 7:15pm
- Location: Mt. Mitchell Fitness Center
Thursday April 27th
- Cutting Ties with the Tags (RSVP Here)
- Join us for a size free, stress free, body positive shopping experience! During this event, students will have the opportunity to shop for clothing items where the size tags have been completely removed. All items will be made available for $5 or less. Credit Cards are accepted.
- Time: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Location: PSU Blue Ridge Ballroom 201AB
- Yoga Under the Stars (RSVP Here) - This event has been postponed due to inclement weather
- Improve your flexibility and balance while working and stretching every inch of the body while under the stars. Integrating breath and postures will leave you feeling energized and renewed in the body and mind.
- Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Location: The Quinn Recreation Center (Patio)
Friday April 28th
- 2nd Annual Intramural Color Fun Run (Click Here for Registration Details)
- This event is set to celebrate body's in movement as the semester closes. This is an individual special event. The event starts at Duck Pond Field and takes place on App State's campus.
- Time: 1pm - 2pm
- Location: Duck Pond Field